Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Crumbly Cake

Before I started baking this cake, I quite hesitated to begin it because it would take extra efforts and works to complete it! But thank God, I finally did it and it turned out to be so good that I myself took extra bites (usually I take a bite only ;) & my family loved it too (as shown the next picture that half of cake gone after it was cool and ready to serve)!

Ingredients:
( I made half of the original ingredients and used 17" tube pan, baked 40-50mins)

2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
10 tbsp(1 stick + 2 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar ( I cutt down it to 3/4cup of sugar)
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sour cream ( I used low fat yogurt)

Cream cheese filling:

8 oz cream cheese –
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice

Lemon Sugar-Almond Topping:

1/4 cup sugar ( I used icing sugar)
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup sliced almonds


No comments:

Post a Comment