Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Banana, Cranberry & Apple Loaf Cake


I had a green apple left in my fridge and didn't know what can do with it since nobody likes to bite it away. Also a small box of cranberries was left at corner in my kitchen since CNY (not yet expired though)! I saw this recipe from My Kitchen Snippets and decided to have a try (since she claimed it was very simple and it turns out it is true indeed)! On my way home from work, I rushed to the fruits stall near my house and asked for ripe bananas that I could make the cake right away! I got them!

                   








Ingredients:

1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
½ cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup dried cranberry
1 apple – grated
3 large bananas – mashed


1. Line and greased a loft pan. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combined flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well and set it aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, combined eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, grated apple and mashed bananas. Mix it well with a big spoon. Sift and add in the dry ingredients into the eggs mixture. Mix until combined
4. Lastly add in dried cranberries. Mix well and pour it into the baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment